State leaders nationwide are advocating for evidence-based reading instruction to close literacy gaps. Still, many students face learning barriers such as dyslexia and other reading disorders that often go undiagnosed and hamper their progress.
Early identification and effective, targeted reading intervention are critical to these students’ long-term success. In 2023, a NASBE analysis highlighted the efforts of two states—Massachusetts and Georgia—to set policy on universal dyslexia screening, targeted literacy intervention, and progress monitoring.
Join us Wednesday, February 28, at 2:00 to 3:00 pm ET, for a webinar conversation about Georgia’s journey to pass policy addressing the needs of students with dyslexia, and similar efforts underway in California and Wisconsin. State leaders will discuss how state boards of education can convene stakeholder champions, essential components for strong student-focused dyslexia policies, and barriers they overcame in their own settings.
Speakers on this webinar include:
- Kimberly Stockton, Senior Education Advisor, Lexia (as moderator)
- Jason Downey, Immediate Past Chairman, Georgia State Board of Education
- Kimberly Liedl, Government Relations Manager, Lexia
- Megan Ponte, Co-State Director, Decoding Dyslexia California
- Kareem Weaver, Executive Director, Fulcrum