Early Childhood Education Intern
The National Association of State Boards of Education (www.nasbe.org) is seeking an Early Childhood Education (ECE) intern to start as soon as possible to support the ECE project during 2021 for 12 months. This part-time paid position requires 20-25 hours per week. The ideal candidate has experience in policy research, project evaluation design and analysis; basic knowledge of state education policy; a detail orientation; and strong writing skills . This position is remote but might require some in-person meetings as the changing COVID situation permits.
- Work closely with NASBE’s director of early learning on project evaluation design and analysis and the final report.
- Research state data on early care and education (birth to age 8) with a special focus on workforce issues and how COVID 19 has affected young children, teachers, and leaders.
- Write policy briefs, memos, and updates upon request.
- Track state board of education meeting agendas and minutes and summarize.
- Support the planning and execution of the ECE Workgroup meeting, convening events and webinars.
- Assist in ECE-related communications, such as developing a newsletter for members and providing updates for the ECE webpage.
- Support logistics and respond to technical assistance requests from the states in NASBE’s ECE Network.
- Attend virtual meetings and events, and report back to the director.
Education and experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate students in education, political science, or other relevant programs, with demonstrated research and project evaluation experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of state-level education policies
- Strong interest in early childhood education
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, and writing sample to the Director of Early Learning Winona Hao, firstname.lastname@example.org by 2/28/2021.