- Introduction |
- Guide to the NGSS |
- NGSS Communication Workbook |
- 2013 Western Regional Conference |
- 2013 Eastern Regional Conference |
- Online Events |
- State NGSS Exemplars |
- NGSS Resources |
- Contact Us
State to State: Deliberations about the Next Generation Science Standards
REGISTER for this timely discussion by state boards for state boards
The Next Generation Science Standards are the latest set of common standards states can consider for adoption. With 26 states playing an active role in the writing of these standards, they and others will or may discuss whether to adopt them. Their discussions related to quality and purposes of these new science standards are important, but it is also it is critical for them to dig into the policy implications of these new science standards.
State board members and representatives from the state education agency in Kentucky and Oregon will share the issues raised from their deliberations of these standards such as; quality and rigor, their concerns, policy links and the link to the common core standards. This web seminar is designed to be more conversational than the typical webinar. For this event only, state board members, executives and administrators are invited.
This exclusive audience will allow for greater opportunity to ask questions and focus on the issues and concerns state boards have related to these new science standards. Register as the number is limited to 25 people. Hope you can join us!
Date: July 18
Time: 4 PM eastern/1 PM pacific time
- Brigitte Blom-Ramsey, Kentucky State Board of Education
- Felecia Smith, Associate Commissioner, Office of Next Generation Learners, Kentucky Department of Education
- Artemio Paz, Jr., Oregon State Board of Education
- Cheryl Kleckner, Education Specialist for CCSS and Science, Oregon Department of Education
- Francis Eberle, NGSS Director, NASBE (Moderator)
For additional information about how NASBE is supporting state boards around the Next Generation Science Standards go to the NASBE NGSS web site.
Webinar: A Primer on Next Generation Science Standards and its Policy Considerations
The Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) are expected to be released in coming weeks, but what do you know about them? This webinar will present an overview, including what they are, why they were developed, and how they were constructed. In addition, presenters will discuss policy implications as state boards consider adoption and implementation of the standards, and much more.
Date: Mar 28, 2013
Time: 3-4 pm (EDT)
- Francis Eberle, NASBE, NGSS Project Director
- Stephen Pruitt, Achieve, Vice President, Content Research and Development
- Michael Gilligan, Achieve, Vice President for Strategic Initiatives
- Elizabeth Ross. AACTE, Manager of State Chapters
If you have any questions about the event, please contact Francis Eberle at email@example.com.
Below is a recording of the NGSS Webinar, in-case you missed it: