New Member Kit
Each NASBE New Member receives a welcome letter, some recent publications, and other materials that will help introduce NASBE and the experience of serving on a state board.Other information, including a New State Board Member Packet and NASBE’s Education Positions and Bylaws documents, are available for download below.
We urge you to get to know the NASBE staff and familiarize yourself with our work. You can:
- Get the NASBE New SBE Member Packet.
- Look over our staff page here. Find a topic of interest, pick up the phone, and have a chat with the staffer that works on that issue. NASBE’s toll free number for members is 800-836-2313.
- Plan now to attend NASBE’s New State Board Member Institute or Annual Conference, or review our Legislative Conference held just this past March.
- Consider serving on NASBE committees that give your voice a national outlet through NASBE and provide you with high-quality professional learning experiences.
- Call your Area NASBE Board of Directors member and find out what’s happening in your region.
- Hook into our social media by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter (@NASBE) or signing up for our weekly State Ed SmartBrief e-newsletter (on the right hand side of the NASBE home page).
- You can also fill out and submit your form for NASBE’s Membership Database by clicking the button below.
Welcome — we look forward to hearing from you and meeting you soon!